September 5, 2011

I'm a visual learner. How about you?

As  a teacher, it is important to me that I know the learning style of each of my students. As a homeschooling mom, I know the learning strengths of my children and so are their weaknesses. It makes learning time more productive when you know what your children's learning styles are. 


I, myself, is a visual learner.  I learn best when there is something for me to see. I'm also a bit of a kinesthetic learner but definitely not an auditory learner. My daughter, Zoe, is more of a visual learner. Although she's capable of learning by just listening to my stories, explanations and lectures she understands concepts best when I show her some visual aids.

I have a student in my English class who doodles more on his notebook than copy what's written on the board. I thought at first that he wasn't learning well because I didn't get his attention but it turned out when I did the review of our lesson that he was understanding well and even more more than the others. I understood that then that he's an auditory learner.

If you want to know more about your own learning style, click here for free online learning style test.


1 comment:

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.