August 19, 2011

My Songbird Singing in Cloud 9

"They loved me!" Exclaimed Naomi when she got home from a youth gathering. It was her first time to be singing in front of a big audience. So we had to tell her that since she's singing in a church gathering, she should remember that she's not singing to please the people but her song should be a worship to the Lord. She understood BUT I think the applause and the spotlight are really something, and being a sociable girl, approval of people is important to her. We had to guide her in this area but we also cannot deny this part of her personality.

 So she sang solo, and with the youth band. We're glad that she was given this opportunity to join the group even though she's still 11 years old.

I wish I had the video of her singing that night. I heard that she did really well. That night when she came home I could tell that she was in Cloud 9.
Well done, my songbird, well done.

Click on the link below to see Naomi singing.



Linking this post to Blue Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm the first brilliant comment!! :))

    Nice "blue."

    I have two blogs, this is my Blue Monday one, though the other one is also in that same mood today :)

    http://brajasindia.blogspot.com/2011/08/original-little-boy-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are doing a GREAT job of raising your daughter.

    Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! It's really nice being a mommy and I couldn't wait when my baby comes this midst of September. Thanks for sharing! That's a lot of blue there..

    Here's my CSJ Blue Monday: Blue House. Come-by anytime.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A support from the family is perfection!! Congratulation on your daughter.

    Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sally. You are bringing her up well.

    My Blue Monday is here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.