March 19, 2011

Saturday Sightings # 17: In My Classroom...


Thank God for weekends!!! It's just a beautiful thought that God Himself takes REST seriously. And it's even His COMMAND for us to do so. So, before I welcome a restful day, let me leave you some sightings in my busy classroom this week.


It's always a challenge for me teaching ages 5-14 children in one class.... 


...and there are 30 of them! It's a free English class and I can't say no to parents begging for me to let their children in after our maximum number was reached. So they keep coming.... and I can only afford to give 3 classes a week!


Soon we'll have 3 more volunteer teachers so our center can offer more classes and accommodate more children from underprivileged families.


The lady in yellow is my niece and she assists me in the class. 
The big girl on the left is my daughter Naomi helping the littlest students in class.


And that's one of my 30 favorite students, my own daughter Zoe.

Thought you might like this quote, too.

 Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. 
You vote in elections once a year, 
but when you volunteer,
 you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.
-unknown


Can you share some sightings here? They don't have to be recent photos. 
You can browse your old files and share whatever photo you think is interesting.
This meme runs every Saturday and the linky is open for 3 days. More details here.





1 comment:

  1. I DO love that quote! Thanks for sharing it!
    Your Learning Center looks like a wonderful place for children to grow in mind, body, and spirit:)
    May God continue to bless and reward you for your efforts there.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.