March 18, 2011

Homeschool Mom's Journal # 1

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
I'm joining other homeschool moms in this beautiful meme hosted by Sue. I thought this is a good idea and an encouragement for me to journal my week as a homeschool mom. 


In my life this week: This week is unusually cold, a sudden drop of temperature (from 30C to 18C) made me want to do more blogging than gardening. So I did! Yay!!! Also, I'm picking up books again as I try to condition myself for the upcoming MA course I'm taking  soon. 
In our homeschool this week: Part of me wants to speed up the girls lessons because I need more things done before I'll be gone for 2 months. But I also don't want to pressure the girls, so lessons are done at our usual speed and routine. 
Places we're going and people we're seeing: We have an ongoing English classes in our center so we go there at 4pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to meet 30 students from the neighboring communities. Naomi (11) is my assistant teacher, and Zoe (9) is happy to be in a real classroom with other students. 
What's working/not working for us: This week, much to Zoe's delight, my 6 year old niece is with us. Zoe's homeschool routine is quite irregular. She's speeding up to finish early so she can play with her cousin. I give my niece some lessons to do too but they both finish so fast. I'm not sure if her presence is a motivation or a disturbance. Oh well, this only happens once in a blue moon in our homeschool life. 
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have: How well my Ben could adjust in his new life in the university weeks from now? He'll be out there in a much bigger world. We've done the best we could to prepare him for this....I'm both excited and anxious...but maybe its best for me to focus more on the excitement part. 
My favorite thing this week was : We had our fun time digging out our winter clothes. The weather this week reminded us of our winter experience in China. It's amazing to see how the children's clothes shrunk in just few years! 
A photo to share:
Zoe taking her spelling test, wearing her old winter jacket.
Happy homeschooling everyone.

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog. I just hopped over from Homeschooling Mother's Journal on Homeschool Chick. THis is my first week doing this. Would love you to stop by our blog sometime. Not nearly as exciting though.
    www.krazykuehnerdays.com
    Renita

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up so quickly don't they? I love your header and all of the expressions. LOL! It really shows the love of your family and how much fun you have together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.