February 28, 2011

Ready For Another Year of Homeschooling!


Today, we officially began a new year of homeschooling. Naomi and Zoe are happy to see their new school materials. DH and I went to Manila and bought all 15-kilos of PACEs and books, and dragged them in our suitcase to 2 countries until we got home. So, we're into another year of commitment to home-educate our children.


It's for sure not an easy task!  My husband and I have to really talk though it every now and then. We have to review and re-evaluate our decision, and also reconsider our options. This year, we are happy to recommit our family into this task after counting the cost. We, after all these years, have enjoyed the benefits, and now we get our heads, hands and hearts to work.

I would like to remind myself again, as a homeschool wife and mom, of the 3Ps that I believe are necessary to keep me going: Patience, Perseverance, and Passion. I need patience for our day to day tasks; perseverance to keep me going month after month and year after year; and passion to see the end result: a child trained in a way he should go.

This morning, as DH and I accompanied our son, Ben, to the university where we want to enroll him, I smiled recalling the day we nervously had our first school at home when he was 5.

Many people are still skeptic about homeschooling, and I don't want to try to convince them here. It may not work for other families but it does well for ours and it's our best option for now. ;-)

Here's a funny video I found on Youtube. Tim Hawkins was homeschooled and is now homeschooling his children. I thought it was cute and cool to share to fellow homeschooling family.



Home schooling is a very old way of doing things. 
If you look at any of the bills in your wallet or the coins in your pocket,
they all have a picture of a homeschooler on them.
- William Lloyd

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting cargo to carry home to your children! I wish you God's blessings and many happy adventures as you learn along-side your children at home for another year:)
    I think back to Joseph, Mary, and Jesus...and the Scripture that tells us (after they'd found Him teaching the elders of the Temple) that He went with His parents and grew in wisdom, stature, and grace before God...to me...this is the first and most beautiful example of Homeschooling...I cling the mental images of Our Lord learning at the knee of His mother and earthly father and it gives me comfort and courage to go on in the task of teaching my own children at home.
    We will be most excited to hear the anecdotes of Ben's university days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a blessed school year! I know that you bless us all with your lovely posts throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thought I would drop in to see everyone...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.