January 7, 2011

On Motherhood, Updates, and Goals





A Mother's Prayer
 
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day, With little time to stop and pray,

For Life's been anything but calm, Since You called me to be a mom -

Running errands, matching socks, Building dreams with matching blocks,

Cooking, cleaning and finding shoes And other stuff that children lose,

Fitting lids on bottled bugs, Wiping tears and giving hugs,

A stack of last week's mail to read - So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord, Just at the sink or ironing board,

To ask the blessings of Your grace, I see then, in my small one's face, That You have blessed me all the while-

And I stoop to kiss... That precious smile.
Source Unknown
 
 
 
 

It sure is a joy to be a mother of these three.

Homeschool Updates:

Ben is waiting to be enrolled in the university. He has finally decided to take up visual communication arts. We are applying (and praying for favor) for a scholarship for him to enrolled in this prestigious university. He is currently attending drawing class on Saturdays. He has done a few chapters of his novel and is working hard to complete it.

Naomi is busy finishing the few PACEs left to complete level 5. We hope to re-enroll her to dance school on Sundays. She is quite satisfied with her performance as the narrator and a choir member during the Christmas play at church.

Zoe is still enjoying her vacation. She completed level 2 and is just waiting for her new materials to arrive. She has some required readings to do, though. She is still convinced that she will do well as a vet someday. She plans to have an animal shelter and collects all stray animals on the street, give them a bath, and make them healthy before giving them to people who can provide them homes.

Teacher-mom is, by God's grace, on top of everything and is still convinced that homeschooling works best for her children.

My Personal Goals

-help my children develop their communication skills especially in public speaking
-develop few more programs for our community projects
-increase my effort in raising funds for our charity foundation
-develop habits that is good for my health. Proper diet and regular exercise.
-change my boring wardrobe and go for brighter color clothes.
-put on a little make-up everyday even at home, stay beautiful in the eyes of my husband.
-continue to nurture my green pastures which is photography and blogging
-go to graduate school (God willing) and take masters degree on Education.
-find the best teacher who can relieve me from supervising my daughter's homeschool lessons
-glorify God in everything that I do.

Praying for the best of this year....


mommy moments

7 comments:

  1. I wish your kids well in their efforts and activities and good luck to you too mommy :) Mommies like us should never forget to try reinventing and improving ourselves so I like your idea of going to school again and upgrading your look and wardrobe :) Happy Mommy Moments!

    My entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess they are smart kids and wish all your goals will be accomplish at least half of the above..great blog great mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you and your kids. I hope you get to achieve every goals you have. Hope you can visit my site too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love the Mother's Prayer. So well said. poem. Seems they're smart well-rounded kids. Kudos to you, mommy! I'm glad that you're still able to find time for your charity work and foundation even with your hands full. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! noble goals you got there! good luck to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful... thanks for sharing that prayer :D and i am so encouraged by your homeschool update.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! thanks to give time visiting my blog...i'm glad we have same interest in terms of charity program. thank u so much for the wonderful comments you left in my page. anyway here is my charity blog.http://www.life-saviour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.