January 16, 2011

Eggs on the Nest

We have 2 sets of lovebirds (budgies). Mocha and Lime and Blueberry and Lemon. Mocha didn't make it through the new year, so, that left us with 2 female birds with only male until we have the chance to go to the pet market and buy another male.

Our cage is big enough to let the birds fly comfortably. It is in the corner of our little garden, and under some fruit trees which have 2 real birds' nests.

This week, the girls giggled with surprise to see that there's an egg on the nest box. To date, there are already 2 eggs. Funny, we don't know who's the mother bird because Lime and Lemon take turns sitting on the eggs.

Zoe is the family vet. Although we all take responsibilities taking care of our pets but it's Zoe who is more keen to care for them.

I don't know how many more birds we'll have next month. I don't want to count until the eggs are hatched. That's one hard lesson we learned taking care of birds. But we are excited and confident that at least one or 2 will make it. We are already guessing of their colors: blue or yellow?


  Mellow Yellow                      Blue Monday

10 comments:

  1. wow! i can't wait to see the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Hubs and I used to breed African Lovebirds. Too bad I had to give them all away for adoption when I got too busy. I miss them!

    My Mellow Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a blue parakeet.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really neat. I would love to see the baby bird when it is born. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! That is just so cute. I love to have some pet birds, but since we go on vacations a lot I won't be able to take care of them that much. They're just adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting - I'm sure these pretty little birds give you much enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birds are so pretty! I also think an outdoor cage is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.