November 27, 2010

The Art Of Waiting


"Patience is the art of waiting." As a little girl, I saw this quote on my aunt's wall picture, and it has never left my memory since.

One of my children's big enemies is boredom. Oh, how they hate doing nothing! So you can imagine how hard it must be for them to wait for the bus to come in this side of the island where bus interval can be 30 minutes to one hour (or longer).

We were on vacation then. We didn't have our own transport so we had to wait for the bus at the bus stop. Because we knew we were waiting at the right place, we were confident that there would be a bus coming our way. Because we were bound to a place we were longing to be, we waited patiently. My children, though bored, didn't complain. They knew there's no better way but to wait and stay on this spot.


8 comments:

  1. So sweet. Boredom can bust any day can't it!

    (By the way there is a $45 CSN giveaway on my main blog if you are interested)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great reminder. I like how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God can teach us a lot when we wait. What a creative picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, patience! Something I'm constantly working on! :-) Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scripture and I love the thought bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Patience is so hard to understand...thanks for the perfect words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes waiting is so hard. Your scripture is a nice reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patience is certainly not one of my virtues. This is a wonderful verse to help with that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.