August 28, 2010

Our Little Community Library

It was past 5 o'clock in the afternoon when I took these pictures. The sun was still shining bright. I noticed my own shadow blocking the image I was aiming to frame. So I just thought this would be good entry for Shadow Shot Sunday.

I love to see more slippers outside our library. That means more and more children are now regularly coming to read our books.

This is part of the library. The girl in pink is my daughter, Naomi. She loves to welcome the children, especially new ones.

8 comments:

  1. Really fun, terrific shadow shots for the day! Love the colorful shoes and your shadow along with the last shot! Great composition! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in there too! I can see my orange Crocs there! :)
    SSS greetings from Casablanca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A library of your own is wonderful. Too often today, many youngsters look to electronics for reading, never having the visceral satisfaction and delights of picking up a good book and reading to your hearts content. A wonderful library you offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A barefoot library, what a great idea and such nice shadows too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think one of the greatest gifts you can give a child is a love of reading. Super shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very good thing to open up your library..Some kids nowadays - they don't read as much as we were back then..
    Great job and great shadows, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.