August 14, 2010

Moments of Pure Delight

We had a home-school break for 2 days. I, teacher-mom, spent a 2- wonderful day vacation with a friend in her farm. I spent most of my time in the garden taking pictures of flowers, butterflies, and many other interesting creatures. I'll be sharing more photos in the coming days but let me start off with this little friend...

I couldn't go near her the first day. She seemed very active moving from tree to tree. So I decided to forget about taking good shots and just enjoyed the actual sight. I couldn't clearly see her that late afternoon but I had a moment of pure delight listening to her song.

The next morning she came back as my friend told me that she would. This little friend is a regular guest in her garden. She settled on the mulberry tree for a while...long enough for me to take photos of her.

Isn't she pretty?

I love that blue and yellow color she got!

See more pretty creatures @ Camera Critters.
More yellow to brighten your week @ Mellow Yellow.
More cool blues @ Blue Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a beautiful yellow bird! You are so persistent in taking pictures - the last one is my favourite. It looks like it is showing off its yellow chest :)


    My Dogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture of the beautiful birds.

    Happy MYM!

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.