April 12, 2010

Visiting Home Country

My family have been living overseas since 1998 and we seldom have the chance to visit our home-country. This time, my son and I have this sweet opportunity to go home together.


We left around midnight and arrived at 4:00 am. It was still dark outside when we landed. I was half asleep when this was taken from our window.


When we stepped out of the airport, this is what we saw. I knew we're home because we now can see many Catholic churches.

After we settled our things at the hotel, son and I went to a big mall to have our big brunch in our favorite local food chain.

We went back to the hotel and enjoyed a real pedicure service after many years! My feet are dusty because dear son and I just came back from our afternoon walk.

Our dinner on the first day was simple but the dessert was special. Here are some of the food I got to have in my few days here:

Sizzling Tuna. This is really expensive in my host country. Although I don't enjoy good food when I'm eating alone, this one was an exemption.



Then this lamb-beef-chicken kebab dish was a real treat! Food is best enjoyed with friends around. It's good to be home, isn't it?


More yellow here!
MellowYellowMondayBadge

3 comments:

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.