November 2, 2009

Tea Time and Geography

We had a very fine day today. It was cool and dry in the morning. So instead of doing our morning classes in our learning room, I decided to have a little picnic in the yard.


Monday is our time to pick a country to pray for and learn some facts about it. Homeschoolers take turn to randomly point their finger on the globe with closed eyes. Then we discuss what comes to mind when we hear the name of that particular country. Then comes the guessing game first on population, color of the flag, currency and majority religion before we check the book 'Flags of the World' to see who got the right guess. It's always a tough competition! We do this regularly but it seems to be always a fresh fun each time we do it. Every student is assigned to pray for the children, family, school and government of the chosen country. And today, we prayed for Madagascar. Would you believe that they wanted to pray for Alex, one of the animal character in the movie Madagascar?!

We had a bonus in our Geography today. Since I served them fruit tea from Germany, we also discussed a bit about that country.

Here are some flashback photos. Notice how they grow up doing this.


If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:1


6 comments:

  1. Hey Ruth, I sent you an e-mail invite :)
    I made mine private because I used it to store my HS Links, not alot that come into my regular blog that hs , and I have loads of links, thats why I made the rainbow one.
    Let me know if you got my e-mail, I sent it from RenJac1301 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Renee, Your HS blog is a treasure box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ruth, My friend Laura , she hs her son, shed like to visit you here, Here is her blog http://goosehillfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ruth~

    I am really enjoying your site!

    Thank you for adding me!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.