November 8, 2009

Acrylic Painting


This is some of the end products of our homeschooler's acrylic painting.

I knew they were ready for this after learning how to use oil pastels and water color. I found cute wooden chopping boards at a Japanese shop and cheap ceramic mugs at the flea market which I thought would be great for this project. I also have bookmarkers made of plywood that I have been keeping in my craft box waiting for this kind of opportunity. So, we're all set to go after purchasing small bottles of acrylic paint from our favorite school supply shop. Take a look at some of the pictures I took during the actual painting:









So proud to pose with their finished work!

We did this project months ago and this is how their work look like now:

The chopping boards are hanging beautifully at our patio.


Naomi's mug is at peace and content to serve as pen holder for our merit store display.



Others are humbly serving the family at our breakfast table surviving heat and cold contents and painful scrubbings in the sink.


Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.
William Morris

2 comments:

  1. OH KIDS! WHAT BEAUTIFUL WORK YOU HAVE DONE HERE!
    We just LOVE your creations! SUCH STEADY HANDS!!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very much appreciated. But please know that my young homeschoolers will be reading this also. Thank you.
Looking forward to visit you.